Saturday, June 30, 2007

Bricks and Mortar

So, we have had an offer on a house accepted! He has no chain and we are first time buyers so hopefully we will be able to move in around about the time we start work in four weeks. Hopelessly naive, I know.

I have had to learn a lot about mortgages and types of insurance that I never knew I didn't need. Money Saving Expert has saved the day again though.

Regular readers will be unsurprised to hear that I still don't know where I am working in four weeks time. I don't know if I start on nights or weekends or what I will earn. Mr JD knows which hospital he will be working in, in Acute Medicine. Rotas and pay remain a dream. He is unlikely to find out prior to his first day.

The process of moving is proving to be both stressful and therapeutic. Lots of unused items have been freecycled or have gone to the charity shop. Others have been unceremoniously dumped. The remainder are being stored in my dad's garage. We don't own much as we've been renting furnished for the past 7 years. A few electrical items, a bed and a bookshelf - so it'll be an expensive few months whilst we 'make house'.

No comments:

Post a Comment